SWIFTMESH™ — Crimped Construction Stainless Filter Elements
We offer crimped construction, a process particularly applicable for Industrial Process Cartridges. Industrial process cartridges are often used in applications for batch processing. These cartridges are typically pleated or cylindrical (wrapped), with a lightweight core and a support ring. Industrial process cartridges overcome the temperature and compatibility limitations of cellulose or synthetic fiber cartridges by being manufactured of stainless steel using crimping and welding, with no brazing or epoxy bonding used. Made entirely of 304 or 316 stainless steel, our process cartridges are cleanable, reusable and can withstand differential pressures up to 60 PSI (300 PSID elements are also available). These elements are also good up to 500 degrees F instead of the usual 250 degrees F. Our industrial process cartridges are also unaffected by most corrosive fluids. Particle retention can be as fine as 5um. Element media can be pleated to increase surface area. Cartridges rated at 100um or finer have an underlying support layer of coarser stainless steel mesh to prevent pleat collapse.
SWIFTMESH elements are cleanable. They are easily restored to service by back flushing, ultrasonic or other nonabrasive cleaning techniques. This is particularly valuable and cost-effective in applications involving hazardous fluids. Because our elements are cleanable disposal costs are significantly reduced.
SWIFTMESH Stainless Filter Element Specifications:
- Filter elements are manufactured from 304 or 316 stainless steel wire cloth material
- Mesh Patterns — Square Weave, Twilled Dutch Weave, Plain Dutch Weave
- Designed and tested to withstand collapse pressure ratings of 300-6,000 PSID
- Temperature ratings from -300 to +800 degrees F
- Various micron ratings available from 2um to 1000um (nominal)
- Various mesh sizes available
- SWIFTMESH Stainless Steel filter elements are cleanable for long service life