SWIFTMESH™ — Welded Construction Stainless Steel Filter Elements
Swift Filters woven wire mesh cleanable elements offer rugged stainless steel components and welded construction for a wide variety of applications including:
- Power Generation (Nuclear and Fossil)
- Chemical and Petrochemical Processing
- Hydraulic Systems
- Coolant Systems
- Water Filtration
- Pneumatic Systems
- Test Stands and Laboratories
- Extreme Temperature and Pressure Applications
Stainless steel welded construction woven wire mesh elements are ideally suited for hostile environment applications involving extreme temperatures, high pressures and corrosive fluids. These elements eliminate the harmful effects of media migration, and provide precise filtration control of particles larger than the micron rating. The elements are easily cleaned to restore their useful life by backflushing or other techniques.
Swift woven wire mesh elements feature all stainless steel components including the end caps, center tube, and woven wire mesh. The precision woven 300 series stainless steel wire mesh pleat packs provide positive particle size cutoff, and totally eliminate media migration as a source of downstream contamination. With proper cleaning techniques these elements may be returned to service. When utilized in filtration applications involving hazardous fluids, the cleanability of these elements can dramatically reduce disposal costs.
The rugged components and welded construction of the woven wire mesh elements make them ideal for many high pressure applications. Swift offers elements designed for collapse pressure ratings from 300 psi to 4500 psi. Applications involving extreme temperature ranges that would destroy conventional epoxy constructed elements are ideal candidates for utilizing woven wire mesh elements. These elements can be used in temperatures ranging from -300 to +800(°F). Swift anneals all welded woven wire mesh to minimize the possibility of element failure caused by the combined effects of intergranular corrosion and high pressure.
State-of-the-art TIG and high frequency plasma-arc welding equipment is utilized to fabricate the elements in-house. Motorized X-Y linear motion and rotary turntables are used to precisely position the work under the welding arc for consistent, high quality element production.
Swift elements are available in many efficiency ratings from 2 to 200 microns. The precisely controlled pore size of the woven wire mesh assures absolute particle efficiency in every micron size.
SWIFTMESH Stainless Filter Element Specifications:
- Filter elements are manufactured from 304 or 316 stainless steel wire cloth material
- Mesh Patterns — Square Weave, Twilled Dutch Weave, Plain Dutch Weave
- Designed and tested to withstand collapse pressure ratings of 300-6,000 PSID
- Temperature ratings from -300 to +800 degrees F
- Various micron ratings available from 2µm to 1000µm (nominal)
- Various mesh sizes available
- SWIFTMESH Stainless Steel filter elements are cleanable for long service life