SwiftDischarge™ Filter Elements
SwiftDischarge Filter Elements employ an advanced proprietary conductive media technology to dissipate triboelectric charges generated via the flow of fluids through media. This exclusive media insures a very low charge across filter media over long periods of time to mitigate discharge sparking.
- Dissipates triboelectric charges generated from petrochemical flow through synthetic media
- Superior strength and heat tolerance
- Exceptional chemical resistance
- Allows lower pressure drop which reduces ESD
Electrostatic discharge (ESD) is a common problem with ash-free, zinc-free fluids. These modern oils have low electrical conductivity because they do not contain the heavy metals of previous generation fluids. Oil passing through hydraulic or lubricating systems filters can generate electrostatic charges which, when not dissipated, can lead to a high voltage spark from filter media to support tube. These sparks can lead to:
- oil degradation and varnish
- damage to components such as valves
- potential damage to electronic components
- potential explosions and damage to filter media
The consequences of varnish deposits are well-known, and include:
- seized valve spools
- overheated solenoids
- filter clogging
- shorter fluid life
SwiftDischarge™ media is available with all Swift Filter microfiberglass filter elements (SWIFTGLASS™ products).
Anti-static SwiftDischarge Elements are suitable for power generation applications (gas turbines and power plants), plastic injection molding machines, mobile hydraulics, the pulp and paper industry and any other application that uses low-conductivity oils.